Pack Meeting 7 pm St. Thomas Church
Come out to celebrate the summer advancements of the pack tomorrow night at the church. The Webelos II den will lead the flag ceremony and our game. We will have a brief presentation on the Popcorn and nut sale. Finally, there will be a fun activity to for the boys to finish the night.
Tiger Den Leader Maggie Foley sent this out to her den and I though that it would be a good framework for the evening for all to see.
- Pack Meeting at St. Thomas Church at
- These meetings are designed to last an hour. The first part of the meeting are announcements given by our Cub Master Mike Carney. Next, each Den (lead by their Den Leader) will give a Den Report about what they have been working on during the month. Then, advancements are given out to each scout (scouts are presented with either adventure belt loops, adventure pins, or badges earned for their completed requirements). At the end of the meeting a den will present an activity they have been working on for the rest of the pack. night the Webelos Den (5th graders) will present an activity for the pack to do.
- As you can see, there is a time where the boys need to be sitting and paying attention during the during the Pack Meetings. Scouts are expected to be able to try and sit through announcements, den reports, and advancements. We sit on chairs in a semi-circle with parents sitting on chairs behind the scouts. If you feel your child needs to get up, stretch his legs, take a break, or get a drink of water please do not hesitate to tap your child on the shoulder and take a break.
Dues/ Medical forms Parts A & B/Youth Protection Training(YPT)/ Clearances:
- If you were unable to join us at the regatta last week and pay your dues, please come prepared to do so tomorrow. We can take payment by cash, check, and the square (there is a small $2.80 convenience fee for this option). We will give you your appropriate den level scout book.
- Please come prepared to hand in a Medical form (parts A&B) for your son and yourself or anyone else that might be going on an outing for scouts with your son, including siblings to an event (like Cub-o-Rama). We need these for all events in the case of an emergency, better to get this out of the way now rather than scramble at the last minute or be prevented from attending an event. I will have these at the meeting tomorrow. Here is the link to print and fill out your own: Cub Scout Medical Form Parts A & B. If you attended Summer camp in 2017 you do not need to resubmit your form, it is good for one year. Submit these forms to Mr. Matt Whitaker, Assistant Cubmaster.
- Here is a link to the PA Dutch Council website about how to upload your clearances and any questions that you might have about this process. Act 15 Clearances
- Finally here is the link to the PA Dutch Council website that will allow you to take your Youth Protection Training (YPT) and the policies of the BSA. Youth Protection Training. Please save the PDF given at the end of the training and print a copy for yourself and for the records of the pack. This for should be submitted to Mr. Matt Whitaker, Assistant Cubmaster. If you have already completed this training, it is good for two years, if you have a copy of the PDF please submit it to Mr. Whitaker as well.
Summertime Pack Award:
- If you attended a summer event with Pack 184, Mr. Carney needs to know. Mr. Carney will have a list of the events with the names of who he saw and is asking you to check and make sure that your name is the list if you were there.
- The events this summer were: Summer Game night 6/5/17, Barnstormers Scout Night 6/16/17, Summer Camp July 15-20, 2017, and the Overlook Pool Party 8/20/17
- Flyer will be available tomorrow evening. This is an event for every den and for the whole family.
- When: event will run from Friday, October 20 - Sunday, October 22, 2017. You can choose how long you want to stay, whole weekend, Friday or Saturday camping over, or just Saturday.
- Where: Camp Mack
- Cost: $15, covers camping, patch, meals on Saturday breakfast & lunch.
- What: Loads of scouting fun including shooting BB guns, and bow and arrow for those who are at least 6 years old.
Popcorn/Nut sale sheets:
- I believe that we have one parent that has steeped forward to organize this fundraiser for us. If you were waiting for another person to join to do this now is the time. More information to follow tomorrow night.
- All sales sheets are due for processing no later than Monday, October 16, by the end of den meetings.